We have started the process! Of painting, I mean. Last night we washed all the walls (they were incredibly dusty and dirty, and actually are so stained that we are going to prime all of them-which we didn’t initially think would be necessary). And I started taping them off. (A chore my perfectionist tendencies make fairly slow…but I got almost a whole room done!(It had a LOT of decorative edges…so that’s why I only got into one room))
Our county fair starts this week, so I’m trying to get a lot done before it does. Usually I end up out there every night it’s going on…which means, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And that doesn’t leave too much time for fixing up a house! Plus, the local library booksale is this week, too. I love that thing! Last year, my friend E, my mom and I all went. We came out with about 70 books apiece (AWESOME!) and we paid more than we owed for them because it IS to raise money for the library. Mom and I together paid $15. Can you beat that? I didn’t think so. (We usually wait until the last couple of days when the books are $1 a bag or $3 a box. It is my absolute favorite book sale ever. And I’ve been to a few!)
Well, onward ho we go we go! I may have to work on the house by myself tonight, so I probably won’t get as much done as I’d like because I’m still a little nervous about staying there by myself after dark when the house is still so empty and echoing…but hopefully I will be able to get some work done before I leave!

No comments:
Post a Comment