Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Is a calm weekend in my future? The prognosis doesn't look good...

The wedding rings are bought and in and now we can get married for real! Well, we could have before I guess, but now A’s ring is in and we have picked it up so now we both have one and dontcha know that works so much better? And let me tell you, that ring is a beaut. I think he chose well. It’s silver colored and made of titanium, a real plus when you consider that he pours concrete. A tough metal ring is a good thing.

We have also picked up some carpet sample books and we are starting to work out logistics of what to replace and what to replace it with and of course, what colors to choose to go with the paint colors that I haven’t picked out yet either. But it is fun! And we found some super soft carpet that I think I could take a nap on quite comfortably. So soft. So, so soft, you could lay your face on it. I very nearly did in the store, but I refrained due to the fact that I have no idea who touched that carpet before me.

A and I rounded out the weekend by seeing our flower girl try on her dress (which my supertalented future mother-in-law made—very pretty) which was adorable. She liked to twirl her skirt where she could see it in the mirror. And we (A and I, not the flower girl) played some computer. FATE-Undiscovered realms. It’s quite delightful if you enjoy non-gory monster killing and magic spells and stuff. He fights the monsters and I control the health potions to make sure we don’t die. We have a very good system going, as I’m a bad fighter, and he gets so caught up in the fight that when he’s supposed to use a potion he doesn’t realize it and we die. So in the end our strategy has turned out to be very successful (level 23 is where we are currently battling, just in case you’re interested).

Oh, and we went to a figure 8 demolition derby on Saturday night. I didn’t really pay much attention because a friend I don’t get to see much was there and we were catching up, but what I did see was too many cars flipping over too many times. I’m so glad A does not do derbies anymore. My heart health has improved immensely.

No comments: