Sunday was A and my first wedding shower (of 2 total) and boy was that an event! Though it was a little nerve wracking to sit up in front of about 50 people (albeit my family and friends) all come to sit and watch you, we had a lot of fun. And got a lot of wonderful stuff, too!
Remember this post?
Well, I managed to acquire this:

Which I’m syked about! I can’t wait until we get our house so I can get it out of the box to look at….
And my parents gave us this fabulous thing:

Can you say excited? Well, I was. And am. This little item was not going to stay in the box until we got into our house and could put it away. (Actually it was out of the box within a couple of hours of getting everything home! I couldn’t help myself.)
We also got a quilt made by my Grandma. It is beautiful, and is a whirling hexagon pattern made of blue and yellow (I love those two colors together—it matches my current bedroom!) Everyone at the shower was quite impressed, of course. We even had one of A’s groomsmen wishing he could get one, too! (And really, who could blame him? I would have been jealous of that quilt if it was not mine…which it is. Yay!)
We got a nifty clock that we can put pictures in around the edges, another big skillet, several towels, enough wooden spoons for about 3 houses (but I don’t think you can ever have too many), 2 cutting boards, a knife set, a handheld mixer, a blender, a quesadilla maker (!!!) and of course, A’s favorite 2 things.
The vacuum cleaner (which I’m thrilled to have) from his parents is one of his favorites, and of course, the present from his grandparents is the other. It’s a barbeque grill. Nothing fancy, but since he’s a guy it is right up his alley. And I think I’ll enjoy it, too!
That’s barely making a dent in everything we got (it was amazing!), though we’ve gotten it condensed now into a little corner in my basement. It originally filled up our entire living room floor when we got it home!
Now it’s on to the thank you notes…not that I mind too much. But would it be too much to ask for Walmart to put the cute varieties more than 10 to a pack? I mean, really. ☺

No comments:
Post a Comment