Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Favorite Fives

With all this wedding planning going on, flowers have taken up a good portion of my consideration! So today is a listing of my five favorite flowers!

1. Roses--classic. I know, so many people love roses, but personally I think there is a reason for that! They smell wonderful, and there are so many different varieties that you can use them with any color scheme and you can find almost anyone's favorite color in them. Plus, they automatically symbolize good things like love and happiness. At least to me.

2. Daisies--Gerber daisies most. I love their simplicity and their unassuming beauty. They are bright and fresh and make everything around them perk up, I think.

3. Lilacs--it's that smell! You only have to be in the vicinity of a lilac bush to know its there. They are so pretty, and the fragrance instantly brings to mind quiet Saturdays where the only thing to worry about is smelling that bush... (And since Saturdays like that are so few, the thought of one is that much sweeter!)

4. Crysanthemums--These pretty flowers are so hardy, you'd forget they're flowers sometimes! Even someone like me could maybe manage to keep them alive! I love that they have such bright colors! They remind me of crisp fall days that make you just want to stop and BREATHE the fresh air and be happy to be alive!

5. Violets--I love the tiny ones that pop up in the middle of a field, seemingly with no help from anyone but God. They're in possession of such quiet prettiness, that they remind you that the little things in life can be the sweetest.


So there you have it! Until next week....

No comments: