This weekend was full of fun stuff for me! I drove 3 1/2 hours to visit one of my best friends, and I managed it without getting lost! So I am feeling quite self-sufficient, because I also made it back home and didn't get lost again! I tried to get lost a couple of times on the way home by turning too early and not reading signs closely enough, but I caught those before it became a major issue so it doesn't count as being lost.
I was absolutely exhausted when I got home. I was running on a couple of pancakes, 3 hours of sleep and an orange soda that saved my life. For real.
Let's just say my decision to avoid the whole dorm room experience was quite a good one and I have determined that I have an accurate view of myself since I knew that it would be quite unenjoyable for me. My friend lives in a beautiful apartment. With thin walls. And next door there was a lovely party going on until about 3:45 am. I know because I was awake, much as I didn't want to be at that point. (Give me a break, I had driven 3 1/2 hours to an unknown area! Caused me some slight stress!)
We had visited this party early in the evening because my friend knew the neighbor (had gone to college with her) and we had heard them singing Happy Birthday, and usually there were only 5 or 6 people at these shindigs. So I walked with her into a room of about 15 (15! not 5 or 6!) people who were falling over drunk. And they sooo do not remember meeting this chicka. This was quite an experience for my wholesome nonalcoholic self. :)
But all in all, we had a fun weekend, went out to eat at a lovely Mexican restaurant and had tons of fun bowling (they had left the bumpers up and we were doing badly anyway, so we started trying to bounce the ball off the bumpers certain numbers of times...I totally won because even though I almost killed the bumper I got 8 times!).
I would do it all again no problem! But only if I managed to not get lost again...

No comments:
Post a Comment