There is a cat at my house...and we call it a Treat Cat. Treat Cats have one goal, and one alone which is-you guessed it- treats! My Treat Cat, aka Dottie, is nothing if not determined.
She runs in front of my car when I get home to make sure I see her. She then makes sure I see her when I get out of the car before running as fast as she can go to sit on the ledge by the front door. Waiting for me to open it, let her on the rug and give her (what else?) treats.
This ledge is a favorite spot of hers. If anyone is outside she sits on it for indeterminate lengths of time, waiting for someone to go in or come out and present her with the reason for her existence. (Because what other reason is there for being alive, if not treats?)
If we, the lowly humans who are around to serve her, are inside. She perches on the car outside the door and stares in the window so that as soon as someone moves toward the door she can leap down and sneak in the door to get treats.
And I fall for it every time.
Who can resist that face?

1 comment:
I am a CAT lover....I am going to be one of those 80 year olds who have 15 house cats.....Okay, not really....because I HAD 2 house cats and had to get rid of 1 because my oldest cat is spoiled and didn't like her....anyway, cute post!
Post a Comment